Big Lies Dejure

There are some huge lies being told to people these days.  I'll list the top few.

1) Bitcoin has inherent value.  Bitcoin has the same value as a typical rock.  Rocks are useful but have no value.  Do some homework . . . find out what limit there is to the number of new cryptocurrencies that could be created (like BC).  You will quickly find out that it is infinite.  If you have an infinite supply of anything then its intrinsic value is zero.  Do not believe the hype.

2) Quantum computers are the next big thing.  We already have quantum computers . . . it is called the transistor.  BTW there are no working "quantum computers" other than the SOC type (system on chip).  SOC computers have been around since 1960.  You are reading this article on a SOC "quantum" computer.  Seems like every few years, they change the definition of what a quantum computer actually means.  I smell a big fat rat.  As a scientist, I have done quite a bit of research on this to understand these "magical boxes" which have no physical representative currently -- even though the media lies and says there are.  It is amazing what people will believe when they want to believe it.

3) Humans are causing 100% of the rise in earth's temp.  This may be a theory but to state this as fact is a huge lie.  Any scientist worth their salt would tell you this.

4) Multicultural is the new culture.   Multicultural is propaganda for anti-socially-conservative.  Everywhere "multicultural" exists, in fact, just means more conflict for everyone.  People generally want people around them that are mostly similar . . . not mostly different.  The left has been pushing society to a persistent state of revolution for decades.  This is their "secret formula" in their koolaid.  Society, in a persistent state of revolution, is appropriately termed "chaos".

5) Social justice.   Social justice is like the headhunter tribe which collects heads for prestige.  Every time a person gets called out on social media by some SJW, that SJW gets prestige points for "beheading" their victim.  It is a cult. Social justice is a big lie.  There is no justice.  It is actually unjust and criminal.

Comments

Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:58am
Bitcoin has intrinsic value because it is a concept that intrigues alternativists.
So you say?  There was this phenomenon once called "pet rocks".  You would be the type to buy one in my estimation.

quantum-mechanical phenomena
Oh wow, Mogg.  You can repeat big words you found on the internetz.  Congratulations.

Moreover your conclusions about people is simplistic and incomplete.
Well, it is so you may understand it.

The idea of brotherly love and goodwill among all men is pretty much an accepted POV.
Accepted like the myth of Santa Clause.  "Good will" is nothing but a projected emotion.  Sounds great on a Christmas card but has nearly zero practical use.  Great for story-telling and I bet you have a tale to tell.

again is not a new concept and the current implementation via social media is not that remarkable.
Quite like your comments -- unremarkable.

And one more thing ... it's du jour.
It's "dejure".  Do you know what "dictionary" means?

I was wondering what all the resistance to you was of late.  Now I realize.  You are the definition of a pompous idiot.  I agree with you sometimes, to be honest.  You have a way of making me regret those times.  Cheers.
Leroy Added Jan 10, 2019 - 6:28am
I don't dismiss cryptocurrencies because I don't fully understand them.  I struggle to find value in them.  IMHO, they are like Picasso paintings.  They are valuable because someone says they are.  When someone says they aren't, they won't be worth a plug nickel.  One reason cited is that they will be the only currency of value if there is a natural or unnatural disaster and chaos reigns.  Presumably, there will be little or no electrical power or internet so they won't work.

I don't know much about quantum computers.  Sounds like a fancy overused term that has little meaning when applied to computers.  Will order come from chaos?  Who knows.

It would be ridiculous for anyone to suggest that the temperature rise is 100% the cause of man.  Certainly, no scientist would suggest that.

I agree.  Diversity is one of the biggest lies we are told.  Multiculturalism is one way of achieving diversity.  Yes.  The US is very diverse and has achieved much.  It is because it is the brain drain of the world.  When we let in all, it is a detriment.  Diversity for the sake of diversity is a misguided policy.

Social justice is an odd one.  It is neither social or justice.  The #MeToo movement is floundering.  Rape is now so loosely defined in the name of justice that it is irrelevant.  The idea that whites must be punished because of the sins of their forefathers will backfire.  If BLM is on the side of justice, I might as well embrace the devil.

The Burghal Hidage Added Jan 10, 2019 - 11:12am
Good piece William.
Leroys comment re cryptos might just as easily be applied to the US Dollar
 And....dogg turd once again demonstrates what a hapless fuckwit he is
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 12:22pm
They are valuable because someone says they are.
Perceived value.  I can agree with that.
However, If everyone acknowledged that BC's value was only perceived, the trading price for BC would crash through the floor.  The only reason BC's trading price is so high is due to the perception that it has limited supply.  Cryptocurrencies are not in limited supply.  There is an infinite supply -- unlike Picassos.
The best thing to come out of CCs is blockchain tech.

But that is the implication when media fails to define the problem to any degree.  They do this on purpose.  It is manipulation and propaganda when they purposely do not define the problem allowing for the implication.
If I said "Humans are causing global warming", you would assume I meant entirely.  Only the more insightful folk would ask me if that meant partial contribution or 100% as defining this proportion is where a valid argument is dispositioned.
As well, Leroy, there are papers that make the argument that we would be in a new global cooling cycle due to the low sunspot activity were it not for AGW.  These scientists do make the claim that 100% of global warming is human-caused.

Nice comments, Leroy.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 12:30pm
Leroy's comment re cryptos might just as easily be applied to the US Dollar
Good point TBH.  Yet even the paper Dollar has a finite supply.  Cryptocurrencies do not.
Leroy Added Jan 10, 2019 - 2:29pm
Someone must have read this article. Cryptocurrencies are crashing.
The Owl Added Jan 10, 2019 - 2:32pm
The Bitcoin craze is much like the tulip one...

Only without the tulips.

When it crashes "wealth" will disappear.
Mustafa Kemal Added Jan 10, 2019 - 2:34pm
Spartacus,
re"1) Bitcoin has inherent value."

Can you show me where this huge lie is being told?

I dont know who you are listening to but I know alot of people who have bitcoin and none of them claim it has inherent value.
Instead, we think it is part of the future.

Moreover, Im not sure what inherent value is.
Whatever it is, Im pretty sure the USD does not possess it.

Does Gold have inherent value?

Mustafa

Mustafa Kemal Added Jan 10, 2019 - 2:42pm
Spartacus.
"The only reason BC's trading price is so high is due to the perception that it has limited supply."

I certainly doubt that.  Its not so high anyway, used to be near 20K.
Anyway, it is not a perception -BTC does have a limited 21M supply.

Your  slight of hand "Cryptocurrencies are not in limited supply."
is a weak strawman.

There is plenty worth criticizing in BTC, but this aint it, IMO.

Mustafa

Mustafa Kemal Added Jan 10, 2019 - 2:45pm
" Bitcoin has the same value as a typical rock."

1 BTC sells for $3680 today,  a year ago I liquidated 2 of them for
$30K.  These are some valuable rocks I tell you!

Mustafa
Even A Broken Clock Added Jan 10, 2019 - 3:14pm
William, I would suggest that your description of quantum computing is a bit (all right, exceedingly) misleading. Transistors are not an example of a quantum phenomena, they are still obeying macro physical properties. Although they have shrunk the physical size of transistors to the point that if they continue, quantum effects will come into play.

SOC's do not exhibit indeterminate states, nor do they exhibit entanglement or any other quantum phenomena. Qubits do however, and they offer an incredible possibility in terms of future calculation capabilities. And they are coming, sooner than any of us are ready for. IBM has already created a system of more than 50 qubits, although I am not sure how long this system stays in a useful configuration. Anyway, any computer that you are using at present has zero overlap with a quantum computer.

Interesting list though.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 3:29pm
I want to answer you in two parts.

I didn't ask you a question . . . other than obviously rhetorical.  I think what you mean but lacked proper grammar, is the word "respond" instead of "answer".
Furthermore, it makes no sense to "answer you" as you put it.  You do not "answer" a person.  You "answer" questions.  Is English your second language?  That is not a rhetorical question.

You are not the heroic warrior, any kind of revolutionary or very smart at all. And your dogs only give you fleas.
I never claimed to be any of these things.  Why put words in my mouth.  Why put me on a pedestal?  Spartacus is just a name.  You surely do not read that much into such an artificial thing?  Do you?  (not rhetorical).
I absolutely do not read anything into your manufactured name here.  That would be insane (hint).
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 3:39pm
Anyway, it is not a perception -BTC does have a limited 21M supply.

No.  That is incorrect.  BC can easily be replaced as a proxy currency with another CC which does not have a finite supply.  As BC keeps losing its trading price, people will stop accepting it as a payment method.  At some point/price, it will just become a proxy currency for the Dollar.  At this point is where cryptocurrencies & blockchain become a flourishing industry.
You can accept this or not.  Just my opinions.

Does Gold have inherent value?
Yes.  Scarcity.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 3:42pm

That is incorrect, EABC.
Quantum mechanics was fundamental to the development of transistors, as the key component in transistors that allows them to work is the semiconductor, and the study of semiconductor physics is heavily reliant upon quantum mechanics.

Try again, buddy.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 3:53pm
By the way EABC, you are too narrowly defining Quantum Mechanics . . . inappropriately.  It is this very issue that is at the heart of the big lies supporting "Quantum Computers".  People are misusing, intentionally, the broad definition of "quantum".  SOC computers definitely are quantum computers.

Nobody has been able to store information reliably with electron spin-states.  This is the problem with their theories and why no new QC has been successfully used in the industry.
It is fake and you are just repeating exactly what the media is also saying without doing any research of your own.
Leroy Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:24pm
Dollars do have an intrinsic value.  The sum of all dollars is equal to the sum of all assets denominated in dollars.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:26pm
Good article, Spartacus.  Almost didn't read it because I saw the bit about bitcoin, and confess I have little interest in it.  But it was well done, because a conservative is likely to read an article that may not appeal to him, but a liberal is death on articles they have been indoctrinated to avoid, and I'm thinking if your last 3 selections led off your article, you'd have missed some liberal readers.  Your last 3 are the 3 big lies of the left, and they have suckered tens of millions of Americans.
Dino Manalis Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:28pm
 Stop lying, exaggerating and misleading!
Ken Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:34pm
An infinite amount of cryptos that can be created is not equal to a limited 21 million bitcoins that will ever be created.  It is no more a lie saying bitcoin has intrinsic value as saying any fiat currency has intrinsic value.

It is a store of wealth and is accepted as a transactional currency in many places.  That gives it intrinsic value.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:35pm

I agree with this, Leroy.  Control of the money supply definitely affects the value of the dollar -- if I recall my macro Econ course correctly.  And I will admit, my college course is approaching the limit to my knowledge of dollar dynamics.

I have a theory that the dollar is a direct measurement of energy.  Broadly, it makes sense that the more energy it takes to extract/create any given commodity, the more that commodity costs.  I cannot think of any exception.  Can you?

I have another theory that inflation is the direct result of the increase in the "effort" to create/extract more energy . . . or a reduction in the energy supply.   If fusion ever takes over as a viable energy supply, economic deflation would be rampant throughout the world.
Ken Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:39pm
Yet even the paper Dollar has a finite supply.  Cryptocurrencies do not.

Really?  they keep printing dollars.  In fact they did 7 rounds of quantitative easing during Obama's tenure.  65 BILLION/wk was printed.  That is your idea of a finite supply?  They can print more anytime they want.

Either you don't know much about crypto or you are being disingenuous  Just because someone creates a new cryptocurrency doesn't mean people will accept it or use it.  Not all cryptos are equal by far, and bitcoin DOES have a finite amount.

If someone charges 1 bitcoin for an item, you can't say hey, here's 1 dash, or 1 etherium, let's just use that.  That would be like saying the item costs a dollar.  but hey, I have a peso and it is equal so I will just pay a peso.
Ken Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:43pm
Someone must have read this article. Cryptocurrencies are crashing.

Actually, it isn't crashing.  There was forced sell pressure on it because the federal government decided that all of the ICO and other capital raised through crypto would be taxable, so the price was depressed through organizations forced to sell to raise money to pay taxes on it.  It is actually beginning to reverse now as they have paid and are getting back in.

Ever major exchange is also setting up crypto trading desks expected to open anywhere from the next couple of months to later this year.  They clearly don't believe Crypto is going anywhere anytime soon.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:46pm
Ken, I never made that equivalency.  Obviously, the limited supply of BCs has given it the perception of value.  Hence, my arguments here.  This perception of BC is a lie.  Whether that lie has been purposely established based as some pyramid scheme or just evolved this way is interesting but inconsequential.  It is a lie all the same.

Mind you, I am arguing that BC and other CCs are functionally equivalent as used as a fiat currency.  For this, it makes BCs not "limited" but replaceable.  The effect is the same -- BC becomes nearly worthless.

That argument becomes ever more difficult to make as BC loses its trading value.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:53pm

Ken, this is strawmanning.  You are making arguments I never have made.  Why?

Obviously, different CCs use different algorithms for trading.  There is not a 1:1 option now.  Perhaps in the future.  Who knows how this will shake up.  I'm pretty confident that BC will continue to decline in value.  I could be wrong.  We will see.
Thanks for sharing your opinions.
Leroy Added Jan 10, 2019 - 4:54pm
"Does Gold have inherent value?"

Sure does.  It has value as a pretty, shiny object.  It has value as a conductor of electricity.  It has a host of industrial uses.  It is tradeable in almost any currency.  If the world turns to chaos, you can still trade gold.  You can't say that for bitcoins.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 5:03pm

Yes, Ryan.  I think so as well.  Glad you got something out of this.
Ken Added Jan 10, 2019 - 5:05pm

You understand that all fiat currencies are traded and volatile and go up and down in value as well, right?  Volatility in price does not mean there is no intrinsic value.  Gold goes up and down as well depending on fears of inflation, fears of recession, belief in it being an economic boom, etc.  again, that does not mean it has no intrinsic value.  You are not making logical comparisons.

One crypto is not automatically replaceable with another.  Again, that would be like saying let's just replace the dollar with the peso, they are the same.  Or the Yuan, or the Yen or the ruble, or whatever Venezuela uses as toilet paper nowadays (did you know the only thing widely accepted there for payment right now is bitcoin? It is less volatile than their fiat)

I think it is pretty clear that you haven't really studied crypto at all and only understand the edges of what it is.  You should go back and read my article explaining it.  It might give you better perspective.  You are simply incorrect.
Ken Added Jan 10, 2019 - 5:09pm

Actually you can say that more readily about bitcoins than you can about Gold (I hold both, btw)  They have a conference in various parts of the world a couple of times a year and during that week long conference they have a challenge they give one person bitcoin, one gold, one dollars, one euros and then challenge them to live the week spending just that.  Always the least tradeable is the gold.  In reent conferences the most livable has been bitcoin.  You don't notice it as much in America as you do in other parts of the world because we are fundamentally economically better off than most of the rest of the world, but in the 3rd world Crypto is the most secure currency one can have and very widely accepted.  especially when compared to whatever the local fiat is
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 5:18pm

Ok Ken.  Interesting that all you have said here is "you are wrong" implying you know the value of BC and CCs but never say what that is.  Your article never says that either.  I read it.
BC does not have intrinsic value no matter how you twist that bullshit.
It is merely a number game played out on a network of PCs.

Speculated value is not intrinsic market value.  Do you understand the difference?  Both future speculation and current intrinsic values like scarcity, demand, utility, supply all affect market value.  It is plenty more complicated than I intend or am capable of arguing.

BC will eventually drop to sub 100's.  I suppose that day you will still be stating spurious claims you do cannot define.  We will see.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 5:22pm
I hold both, btw

Sucker!  LOL  How does it feel to continually lose your ass?
Ken Added Jan 10, 2019 - 5:37pm
intrinsic value is nothing more than perception.  It is an investor's perception of the value of whatever they are trading. It is what is the present value of all expected future cash flows.  It is more widely accepted than you appear to recognize.  What intrinsic value is there in a dollar?  It is a store of value and it is an accepted barterable currency.  The same is true for bitcoin.  The same is NOT true for infinite cryptos.  some will be accepted, most will not.  some will be accepted at lesser value and if one has a better perceived usage value than bitcoin it will have a higher value.

Today the cost of bitcoin is a little over $3600.  It is highly unlikely it will ever go below 1000 as you suggest it might because every day it exists it is more widely accepted.  It will only grow in value, not diminish.

As for the value of bitcoin?  That isn't something definable any more than the value of most other things.  They have different value to different people.  You may be willing to pay 500 bucks for something I wouldn't pay more than 100 for.  It isn't worth 500 to me.  hence perception.

I think the value of all but a very few cryptos will ultimately be 0.  There is value because they cannot be controlled and manipulated by governments.  They cannot be infinitely printed, contrary to what you believe either about both fiat or bitcoin.  Will bitcoin be the ultimate crypto dominator?  who knows.  But crypto is here to stay and it is the future of money because it is something the people can trust unlike fiat.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 6:11pm

Neither can rocks or stones.

Perhaps we create a new game using rocks.  We claim that a very specific shape of rock has value as it fits only a shape of a very specific receptacle, then we have a system for inventing value and trade which the government cannot control.

Oh boy.  I see what I did there.
FacePalm Added Jan 10, 2019 - 6:20pm
William-
If i recall correctly, "dejure" means "of the law," or "lawful."  It's antonym would be "defacto," meaning "in fact," or that it's not lawful, but implemented anyway.  "Du jour" would literally mean "of the day," or a temporary assumption.

As to point one, i agree that cryptocurrency has zero inherent value.  Any one of 3 scenarios could render any and every holder thereof broke overnight:  1. The internet it taken over completely by a tyrannical government entity who, by fiat, declares that henceforth, all crypto is valueless, and anyone attempting to use it to "buy" or "sell" will be charged with fraud(or something similar).
2.  Another "Carrington event" occurs, and a solar flare wipes out everything using a computer chip, pretty-much instantaneously.  No internet, no CC of any kind.  Even the thumb drives you keep carefully hidden?  The electromagnetism will find them and wipe them clear of all data, unless they were kept in a Faraday cage - but with no internet?  Um...
3.  Some fool explodes a nuke or two 50 miles over CONUS and destroys the internet the same way, via EMP.

Technically, i agree that there is a finite number of FRN's that can be printed, but that number is entirely dependent upon the ability to make the paper...so the number, while finite, is still huge.  Second, the FRN is a debt-note, issued by a central bank which has made law-by-coercion that they never have to pay off on those debt notes; these notes are printed at a little more than 2cents each(and "paid for" with more debt notes), no matter the denomination, then "lent" to the USG on their promise to use their taxing power to "repay" this entirely imaginary "debt" at the face value of the note in question, PLUS interest.  Reagan's Grace Commission reported to Reagan 35 years ago that every penny collected by the IRS was spent JUST ON THE INTEREST on the debt alone, and ALL the "money" was gone before a single dime was expended by gov't on any product or service the People claim.  This is why Americans are debt slaves.

Gold, silver, platinum, palladium - pretty-much any tangible item - has intrinsic value which will remain if/when any of the 3 posited scenarios ensue.

As to your item #2, the quantum computers, i am ignorant of physics; however, i do know that the speed and storage space of digital media is increasing at a rapid pace.  Perhaps there is a finite end to it due to the limitations of physical space, or perhaps a breakthrough into other dimensions will, at some point, make storage space and computing power infinite, as well - but again, one EMP, *Poof!*  Buh-bye, computers and IC chips (unless, of course, you have spares saved inside a Faraday cage and can wait X number of years until the comm system is re-built).

Item #3, about humanity being to blame for "global warming" (when most of the data shows that the earth is cooling, NOT warming) is neither dejure nor defacto - it's just a lie...a lie intended to make us feel guilty enough to pay "carbon taxes" to people like Al-the-proven-moron Gore, who has positioned himself to profit rather handsomely if/when the globalist nightmare tax take place.

Item #4, about "multiculturalism" being great for any country, is just another lie, and also neither dejure nor defacto.  The truth is that some cultures and some social constructs ARE superior to others, and to deny this is to deny reality, hence the rise in insanity.

Item #5, about "social justice" and those who claim they're "warriors" for it?  i think this is just a cover for those whose inherent stupidity and/or incompetence and/or laziness makes them still somehow think it's "fair" to make the rich poor to make themselves rich without working for it.  And, of course, they play into the "divide and conquer" strategies those who wish to destroy America, this time via the method of "identity politics," which is inherently and completely opposite of America's main theme, "E Plurbus UNUM," not it's opposite.  Anyone who thinks of him-or-herself as a "hyphenated American" has missed the point completely, and therefore is an idiot...or at least, a "useful" one, useful in destroying what America is truly about: the liberty to experiment and grow as long as your experiment or growth does not damage the God-given and Constitutionally-secured rights of your neighbors.

Lincoln put "social warriors" to shame, in a way, when he wrote this:

"The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty."
-- Abraham Lincoln(1809-1865) 16th US President
Mustafa Kemal Added Jan 10, 2019 - 6:23pm
Spartacus,
"  BC can easily be replaced as a proxy currency with another CC which does not have a finite supply."

Please explain how that could easily happen?

"BC will eventually drop to sub 100's."

You make alot, and I mean ALOT, of unsupported assertions.

I will keep my little stash of BTC despite it having the inherent worth of a rock, lol.

Mustafa

Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 6:25pm
Ken, you are confusing the functional value of blockchain using cryptocurrency with the dollar value of cryptocurrency.  Eventually, the government will control this new method for trading value.  Banks will also get onboard.

I would predict that the dollar will one day be a cryptocurrency.  That serial ID on the dollar will be a numerically generated ID based on cryptocurrency algorithms.  The gov will be so much better at tracking every single dollar you spend.  That could be the downside to all this.

If I were you, I would look at the future more skeptically than the way it is right now.  Do you really think the gov is going to allow people to legally go back to a barter system using fictitious currency?  LOL

Blockchain will be used outside of trading value.  It will be used to validate all kinds of data and information traded on the internet.  This will be the biggest changes we will see that emerge from the BC era.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 6:47pm
FP,

Dejure -- "according to rightful entitlement or claim; by right."
Anyway, thanks for the linguistic lesson.  At least you did not claim I was trying to use the word du jour.

Interesting, your comments about the dollar.  That shit scares me.  It seems like a system trending out of control when speculation and debt are turning the inner gears of our government/society.

I strongly agree with your additional comments.  Thanks for contributing to the discussion.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 10, 2019 - 8:31pm
Bitcoin is a computer entry that is stored in thousands of locations.  The multi locations is the reason they say it is secure.  However, all transactions are updated at defined periods in all those stalled memories.

Now if I look at how a single computer works is has a clock and the memory is updated as specific points in time.  And if it is stored in more then one spot then the program updates all those copies.

Now both paragraphs are the same.   The exact same principle with the only difference being the number of copies.  We know that viruses can corrupt a single computer and can be copied to other computers and spread like a virus.  Bitcoin is a program so is susceptible to a virus.  And I have just heard that Bitcoin is not concerned about viruses.

Paper money is no better then bitcoin  As we see government can print more paper money or not even print but just make a book keeping entry to create money.

Quantum is a word that means nothing in computers.  A computer is a process that has a program defining the actions taken in response to a signal.  The machine is that runs the program is a means and the change of the machine only changes the speed and complexity of the program that it can perform.

Quantum has meaning in atomic physics and a few devices use the atomic effect of quantum.  the size of the physical device is not orders of magnitude or even a single order of magnitude the none quantum principle semiconductor devices.   So a illiterate person of quantum physics and semiconductor technology is telling us what they believe.  Reality is that it is just different but not significantly better.

America has been a multicultural nation since 1790's, 'melting pot.'  The difference before ~1990 is that the principles of the Declaration of Independence and the implementation of the Constitution was the common knowledge and belief of the American multiculture.    What the progressive or modern liberals, or socialist, or what ever the tag then must steal have done is to take control of the education system is to stop teaching the foundation of the American multiculture  and let in illegal people that do not formally learn American multiculture.     Those socialist are saying that American multiculture principles taught to earlier generation never existed.    Bull shit.  They are like Nazis wanting to burn the history of America because it doesn't match their ideology.

Social justice is the ideology of socialism. Carl Marx doesn't differentiate communism from socialism except that communism is implemented by a revolution.   Arbitrary rule set by a few humans and with different rules for different social classes that limit entry or moving between classes is a system that is not JUST.    Social justice is anarchy.  The barrel of a gun determines what is just.
Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 9:44pm
Interesting comments Thomas.  Thanks for your input.

Quantum is a word that means nothing in computers.

I'm going to challenge your definition of "quantum" as you stated with a simple question.
Precisely, what effect is that, Thomas?  What is its scientific name, please?
FacePalm Added Jan 10, 2019 - 10:58pm
William-
In support of Thomas Sutrina's points, i offer the following:

Rome fell September 4, 476AD.

It was overrun with illegal immigrants: Visigoths, Franks, Anglos, Saxons, Ostrogoths, Burgundians, Lombards, Jutes and Vandals, who at first assimilated and worked as servants, but then came so fast they did not learn the Latin Language or the Roman form of government.

Highly trained Roman Legions, moving rapidly on their advanced road system, were strained fighting conflicts worldwide. Rome had a trade deficit, having outsourced most of its grain production to North Africa, and when Vandals captured that area, Rome did not have the resources to retaliate. Attila the Hun was committing terrorist attacks. The city of Rome was on welfare with citizens being given free bread. One Roman commented:
"Those who live at the expense of the public funds are more numerous than those who provide them." Tax collectors were "more terrible than the enemy."

Gladiators provided violent entertainment in the Coliseum. There was injustice in courts, exposure of unwanted infants, infidelity, immorality and perverted bathhouses. 5th-Century historian Salvian wrote: "O Roman people, be ashamed... Let nobody think otherwise, the vices of our bad lives have alone conquered us."
~William Federer

_++++++++++++++++++++++

Update the foregoing with modern terms, and it's applicability is obvious.
Ana Ross Added Jan 10, 2019 - 11:03pm
Spartucus
You say in your article about global warming that "to state this as fact is a huge lie."  But when you are told that absolutely no one has claimed this you say but "thats the implication." This is inconsistent logically and I've never heard anyone assert it and it is a strawman.

This isnt even remotely true.  Hawaii is one of the most culturally diverse states in the country and is a very peaceful prosperous state.  Brooklyn NY is home to over 200 languages and I wouldnt call that chaos.  I suspect what you really mean is that you would prefer to be among white people and thats your right but to project it as a truism on the rest of the world is just untrue.

I honestly dont understand what the problem people have with social justice is.  Justice seems like a worthy endeavor for someone to involve themselves with so I dont get the criticism.  All I can think is that you disagree with what constitutes justice.  My thoughts on this are that the statistics show that there is systemic inequality for blacks in this country in a lot of areas and if we are to be thoughtful people we should try to listen when someone of color describes an area where he he is being discriminated against because of his skin color and try to rectify it for the sake of justice, by which I mean I wouldnt like to be treated that way.  If Italians were being shot by police at a rate 3 times that of their population percentage You are damned right I would be speaking out against it.  There are far too many police shooting unarmed people in this country and rarely any consequences for those who do it rashly.  Maybe this goes against your socially conservative values but if it were happening to your neighbors and family it would be different.  Like it or not we are far more alike than we are different and nobody wants to see their children gunned down in the street.

Spartacus Added Jan 10, 2019 - 11:55pm
But when you are told that absolutely no one has claimed this you say but "that's the implication."

Who said, "no one has claimed this".   I didn't.  In fact, there are scientific papers that do claim that 100% of global warming is man-caused.  I have stated that here in the comments.  I have no clue what you are talking about.

Seems you wish to manufacture an argument to fit your presupposition.  In my world, I call that a lie.  For those people, I call them liars.
Most of the arguments for AWG, coming from the media, the priests for your religion, are misleading people when they do not state what the vast majority of scientists agree on . . . not all (100%) of global warming is caused by humans.  I bet that is news to you.

As for your defense of "Social Justice", you are a racist plebian.  You SJWs are the worst racists we have seen since the 1940's in Germany.
Nobody brought up racism or skin color here except for, although not surprising, the SJW . . . you.
It is called skin-tone-porn, race-baiting, and people like you stroke your egos with self-righteousness using words like "should" and "ought to" because you think everyone else is a racists/bigot and you, somehow, are immune to racial bias and know better.

You are full of shit, Ana.  I know there are a number of other SJWs here that appreciate your stirring up racism as if the natural world could not produce enough to fill your claims.  Which it does not.  The vast majority of racism is coming directly from the left.  Racist, hypocritical bigots.
FacePalm Added Jan 11, 2019 - 12:45am
Ana-
Justice as related to "Social Justice" can be compared to lawful vs. criminal.
There are over 600 documented incidents of leftist SJW's attacking, assaulting, and battering Trump supporters.  These attackers are criminals, or do you disagree?

Those who complain of "inequity" in incomes and "demand" equivalency of outcomes are(at the risk of being redundant), either stupid, or lazy, or greedy to get what they did not earn, for free.

No society can long survive under idiotic and unjust demands as these.

”Nature smiles at the union of freedom and equality in our utopias.  For freedom and equality are sworn and everlasting enemies, and when one prevails the other dies.
Leave men free, and their natural inequalities will multiply almost geometrically, as in England and America in the nineteenth century under laissez-faire.
To check the growth of inequality, liberty must be sacrificed, as in Russia after 1917. Even when repressed, inequality grows; only the man who is below the average in economic ability desires equality; those who are conscious of superior ability desire freedom, and in the end superior ability has its way.”
-- Will Durant, (1885-1981) American psychologist, philosopher

FacePalm Added Jan 11, 2019 - 4:57am
Well, Howard - or more accurately, Humphrey - didn't have the knowledge we have today, of how useful it is in any electronics application, or on space vehicles, in addition to jewelry and filling teeth.
Everyone loves gold jewelry, especially women...ok, not all women.  Some are just contrary to BE contrary.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 11, 2019 - 7:39am
Spartacus I spent two decades supporting electronic engineers, packaging power electronics.  The aerospace company purchased a startup semiconductor manufacture.  So I skimmed the literature.  This is a ten second search to  give you a reference.  http://www.physics.udel.edu/~bnikolic/QTTG/shared/reviews/quantum_electronics_in_semiconductors_barnes.pdf
Ken Added Jan 11, 2019 - 11:37am

The odds of any of those taking out the entire internet are infinitesimally small.  The ledger is a distributed database on hundreds of thousands, maybe now even millions of computers around the world.  The only way it could possibly take it out would be to make EVERY computer that holds the ledger in the world go down.  If we have an event  that shuts down EVERY computer on the planet, we have a lot bigger issues than the value of crypto or any other currency...
Ken Added Jan 11, 2019 - 11:47am
America has been a multicultural nation since 1790's, 'melting pot.'

This is incorrect.  We have only been multicultural for the past 2-3 decades.  After every wave of immigration, there has been a period of hold on immigration.  Immigrants have always been required to assimilate into the culture.  Bring the Italians, the Irish, the Asians, whoever there would be an extended period for them to assimilate, learn our language and become americans and understand our culture and ideals before the next wave would be allowed.  We have not had a pause to allow for that in the last 30-40 years and it is splitting us apart - exactly as the democrats intend.  Balkanization is their goal to keep us at each other's throats and divide us into subgroups they can control and victimize.
Ken Added Jan 11, 2019 - 11:48am
I honestly dont understand what the problem people have with social justice is

Because we are a country of equal opportunity, not equal outcome.  Social Justice is a marxist concept that is foreign to the American ideal
Spartacus Added Jan 12, 2019 - 12:49am
Because we are a country of equal opportunity

Well, Ken, I have no idea what that means.  Perhaps you can define what "equal opportunity" is.  So many people say it these days but it is simply false.

A child is born from parents -- not hatched in some "equal opportunity" laboratory to ensure every newborn has the same starting point.
You are not the only one saying it.  I hear noteworthy scholars say this as well.

The closest thing to the word or concept of "equality" in the Constitution is found in the Fourteenth Amendment.  Added to the Constitution in 1868, this amendment contains a clause stating that "no state shall . . . deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Even you, Ken, can be corrupted by ridiculous progressive lies.
Spartacus Added Jan 12, 2019 - 12:51am
I enjoyed this article because it is to the point and seems true/accurate.

Thanks for reading Opes.
opher goodwin Added Jan 12, 2019 - 5:31am
William - all money is just like bitcoin. It has no intrinsic worth. It only has the value people believe it has.
Money is one of the myths we buy into. We might just as well believe in bitcoin as anything else. There's no difference.
opher goodwin Added Jan 12, 2019 - 5:38am
William - I don't think anyone is claiming that 'all' global warming is the result of humans. They are claiming that we are responsible for a lot of it and can do something about it as the effects will be catastrophic.
I can't see why you have a problem with fairness and justice. We humans have created the social situations we live in. We can make them fair or unfair. I believe in fairness as I believe that creates a far happier and more stable society. What we have at the moment is a largely unfair society run by the wealthy and powerful for the benefit of the wealthy and powerful. I do not believe that is a good thing.
opher goodwin Added Jan 12, 2019 - 5:42am
Equal opportunity means having access to the same quality of education and the same means of being able to socially progress. That a person is judged on their ability and not their background. That privilege does not give individuals jobs, power and wealth but those positions are given to those with the abilities who have worked for it. That it is a meritocracy.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 12, 2019 - 7:50am
Ken your let the Socialist define multiculture.  I am using the 'melting pot' definition that the founders and up until as you point out, past 2-3 decades, it was changed, taken over and given a different meaning.  The Socialist commonly does this, like 'liberal' were the philosopher that the founders read and quoted, they are 'liberal.'  The Socialist took that tag when 'progressive' which really are regressive since that was the first tag for the Socialist the  started to get a bad name.  So we now have to add 'modern liberal' and 'classic liberal' for the founders.

The immigrants kept most of the culture of their home country with them and were welcome to practice it including Muslims so long as the took an oath to be USA citizens,  As defined by the 1884 supreme court in one of the first test of the 14th Amendment. "Elk could not meet the allegiance test of the jurisdictional phrase because he “owed immediate allegiance to” his tribe, a vassal or quasi-nation, and not to the United States. The Court held Elk was not “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States at birth. “The evident meaning of these last words is, not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction, and owing them direct and immediate allegiance.”  Elk v. Wilkins, 112 U.S. 94 (https://supreme.justia.com/cases
/federal/us/112/94/)
Spartacus Added Jan 12, 2019 - 7:32pm

This is the same platitudes and surreal, dreamlike visions you keep preaching, Opher.  They mean nothing practically.

Since you keep speaking in generalities with no practical meaning, I'll match you on this:
You want a garden of Eden on earth where everyone is the same.  Nobody is different or has less of anything than another.  This is your religion -- your fantasia.

The beauty you see around you only exists because of the tragedy that lies just beneath the facade.  You would understand this if you really believed or understood evolution.  Evolution -- unfair, inequalities, competition -- all those things that have brought a world you see today which is amazing.

You don't really believe evolution.  You are Marxist who believes that everything we are today is all that we will become and now it is time to level the board and make the world fair (like you think Eden should be).  You do not believe that humans are still evolving into something better.  You are a Cultural Determinist.  Cultural Determinism, as Marx believed during the industrial revolution, think that we have reached an industrial pinnacle and can go no further.  No more discoveries.  No evolution in humans or tech.  He believed we had reached panacea and it was now time to level everything equally.  That means chopping down the best and artificially raising the low.  This is your religion too.
I can understand your position because social justice IS your new religion.  It has destroyed your perspective of the world with claims about our world which are simply untrue.

Besides you being 100% impractical about "equality" you miss the one practicality that will improve the quality of life on earth for everyone -- inequality and competition improve life on earth and have for billions of years.
Yet, here you are. The Great Opher.  Who thinks you know a better method than what millions of years of evolution have brought.

Ken Added Jan 13, 2019 - 3:53am
well said spartacus, I was thinking I was the only one here willing to expose Opher's complete lack of substance and his ideological lies.  It is nice to see that the observation of his complete lack of substance is starting to be seen by others.  I am so sick and tired of this pretend "scientist" that simply wants to impose upon the world an ideology that is full of hate and elitism and never backs up anything he says with a single fact, because he can't.  What a wonderful scientist who never has facts to back up claims, huh? What a complete waste he is in any discussions that actually require factual backup.
Bill H. Added Jan 13, 2019 - 7:50pm
Then pack up and depart.

Recent Articles by Writers Spartacus follows.