Helping North Korea spread propaganda

"North Korea Pledges to Begin Dismantling Nuclear Sites ..."

LOL --- it's ONE site, not sites, and it was ruined when NK tested its hydrogen bomb and can no longer be used and isn't needed anymore. Anyone following the story knows that NK previously said that its next test would be in the Pacific Ocean.

Closing this site and pretending it has something to do with peace is just North Korean propaganda --- and Townhall isn't just willingly spreading the North Korean propaganda, it's enhancing it by claiming that NK is closing multiple sites.

Helping North Korea spread propaganda is a new low for conservative media and the total morons who believe this garbage. Say what you will about the despicable mainstream media and the idiots stupid enough to believe its lies, the msm doesn't usually spread North Korean propaganda.

Comments

Bill H. Added May 15, 2018 - 5:19pm

William - The conservative media these days simply parrots whatever Trump wants it's viewers/listeners to believe.
Something seems very strange about NK's sudden moves for "peace".
James Travil Added May 15, 2018 - 6:29pm
It's not strange. The North Koreans don't want to be vaporized, they only developed nukes as a defense against being invaded by the United States. It wouldn't surprise me that they would hold on to some nuclear capabilities. Trump wants to look like he's done a good job of bringing peace and unification, so fudging the truth is in his best interests.
Bill H. Added May 15, 2018 - 8:35pm

Seems to me that the South Koreans have done most of the footwork to date.
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 2:11am
William,

You bring an interesting voice to the WB.  Welcome.

Thank you for the update.  I too remain skeptical of any meaningful promises.  The very fact that it comes so quickly with no meaningful discussion that is known is suspect.  The fact that it occurs before the Trump/Jong-Un summit is extremely difficult to take seriously.

The only thing on my mind was what might happen when the two dictators meet next month?  (Trump is not a true dictator, but he would like to be.)  What if Trump totally insults and pisses Kim off?  Hasn't that occurred to anybody else?  He's not exactly as intelligent as Richard Nixon when he met Mao-Tse-Tung.  Also, Nixon pursued muliple channels in his signature victory as president.  Anyone remember Ping-Pong Diplomacy as it centered around the 1972 Olympics?

I learned how to hold my ping-pong paddle the Chinese way and was able to kick some major ass on my opponents.  I still preferred the western hold.

I'm more afraid that Trump will fuck the entire thing up and turn it all to shit like he does everything else.

Much more likely, however, he will accept fawning praise from the cunning Korean dictator and give away the store while NK does exactly nothing to curtail its nuclear ambitions.

Is it just me?
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 2:16am
A new low for conservative media?

That's every morning if the pundits are doing their jobs.
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 2:18am
Dammit James,

Are you sure that you're an American?  How come the hell you don't hate Trump?
James Travil Added May 16, 2018 - 2:21am
North Korea would not have nuclear weapons if they didn't need them to dissway American aggression. They learned the lesson of Libya, which dismantled their nuclear weapons program and was rewarded with American military aggression and turned into a failed state overrun by terrorists and war criminals. Of course Trump isn't as bloodthirsty or sadistic as Hillary Clinton was in Libya, but the stain of her treachery there still smears the reputation of America today. That's why North Korea needs nukes and is reluctant to give them up.
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 2:23am
Now I know you are a foreign agent.  I still like you!
James Travil Added May 16, 2018 - 2:31am
I've been to London and Bristol England, and Toronto Canada (before 9/11, and the TSA, when America was still a democracy). That is the extent of my foreign experience. I do have plenty of friends from around the world though. But it doesn’t take a foreigner to recognize treachery. Ask Stone, he's an actual foreigner and can tell you what I say about why America is regarded as it is, is true.
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 2:53am
Well, Okay,

But you are plugged into some serious RW propaganda.
James Travil Added May 16, 2018 - 3:01am
That's hilarious, LMAO! Especially considering the fact that Benjamin Goldstein just about an hour ago on Writer Beat (the article from 'Elect a Clown Expect a Circus') said that I'm definitely a leftist! Between your opinion and his I'm more certain than ever in my moderate independent roots :)
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 3:10am
With your help, James, I finally get all of this.  Not only do the RW crazies blame the two attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, resulting in the deaths of four Americans, perpetrated by the militant Islamic group, Ansar al-Sharia on Hillary...

You guys actually blame the entire NATO intervention on Hillary!

Yahoo!  I could never guess this shit on my own.  I am forever in your debt.  You are an American.  I have so much to learn.

Benghazi!  Benghazi!  Benghazi!  Benghazi!

Ha ha!  What a laugh.  The only sad part...
James Travil Added May 16, 2018 - 3:12am
Happy to help ...
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 3:43am
Awesome!
Stone-Eater Added May 16, 2018 - 4:28am
James

Thanks for some realism. They actually officially declared that they simply don't want to end up like Libya or Iraq.

Simple, eh ? ;-)
Bill H. Added May 16, 2018 - 12:41pm
Well, it looks like the talks may be cancelled. I really could never be comfortable with Trump and Kim at the same table.
Dino Manalis Added May 16, 2018 - 4:34pm
Kim didn't want to meet Trump, but China is pressuring him to see Trump.  Seoul should also be part of discussions to focus on peace and reunification.  The pause in nuclear testing has to be permanent, but a united Korea would be a safe nuclear power.
Flying Junior Added May 16, 2018 - 8:33pm
Kim didn't want to meet Trump.

Maybe not.  Can you blame him?  But just how did you come to this conclusion?

Maybe Jong-Un was just sitting tight waiting for the psychotic officials of the Trump administration to do the inevitable enormous blunder and international disgrace.  That fuck up was conveniently provided by professional misanthrope, Josh Bolton.  Problem solved.  Jong-Un gets to pull out of any negotiations and Trump has egg over his face yet again.  North Koreans can laugh at us.  But it hurts too much to laugh at ourselves.
James Travil Added May 16, 2018 - 11:30pm
If Dino answers you Flying Junior I'm changing my avatar to a cross and Bible, lol! Seriously though what's his deal?

Anyhow the warmonger neocon is John Bolton not Josh. I'm still undecided if John Bolton of Jeff Sessions that is Trump's worst pick (to date). Both just suck so hard it's difficult to decide.
Stone-Eater Added May 17, 2018 - 6:53am
James

Anyhow the warmonger neocon is John Bolton

For sure. Or that blown-up pump Pompeo. If I look for a warmonger in Europe I hardly find one. The last I knew was Rasmussen, a tiny no-name idiot who headed the EU. Oh, I forgot - the Germans have a new little pussy foreign minister called Heiko Maas.

You look at him and see directly that he should rather teach a first grade class in basic biology instead of singing the Goldman-Sachs song.
Stone-Eater Added May 17, 2018 - 6:58am
BTW: I'd like to see a discussion between Wesley Clark and John Bolton. THAT would be interesting. That Bolt creep would get such a kick in his ass he would put a bolt in his forehead when the show was over LOL