Mr. Money is not guilty

This is a special guest post. The grievances and notice from Mr. Money that share it in sorrow to readers. Please read carefully below :

My name is Mr. Money (sometime was called : Dough). My face is just plain, my physical is also weak, but I am able to overhaul the world order.

I'm able to change the behavior even human nature because humans idolize me. Many people change their personality, betray friends, sell their bodies, even abandon their faith, for my sake. That's not my command, note that!

I really do not understand the difference of pious and depraved people, but humans using me as a benchmark, determine rich or poor, honorable or lowly. Blame to human, not me.

I am not devil, but often people do abominations because of me. So I ask for justice who is the real devil.

I'm not the third person to make them divorced or make children and parents quarrel. I beg to the judge to re-examine this case.

It is very clear that I am not God. You must obey your religion forbids you to be a slave to money. I'm often curious why many godly people more respect to me. You must blame to human why worship me like God. That's your own mistake.

I should be serving human beings, it's just human beings who want to be my slave. Just think who's wrong.

I never sacrificed myself for anyone, but many people are willing to die for me. I emphasize that it is not my fault.

I need to remind you that I can only be a tool to pay for your prescription. I can not prolong your life even though you have me abundantly. Note that!

If at any time God calls you back then I can not accompany you nor redeem your sins. You must face yourself to the Creator and receive His judgment. Do not relate the problem to me.

Elephant die leaving ivory, tiger die leaving mottle, human die leaving a name. That's when people will remember whether you use me for goodness or not?

That's my notice in order to be properly understood. Sorry if it offend you.

Sincerely,

Mr. Money

Related posts about Money : 1) Money for nothing  2) Chinese proverb about money

Comments

john guzlowski Added Sep 13, 2017 - 2:53pm
Money is nice to have, but I can get along without it.
Bill Caciene Added Sep 14, 2017 - 4:08am
You’re right that people use money to decide who’s rich or poor, but I don’t know anyone that uses it to determine who’s honorable or lowly.

I’d argue money can prolong life and go a long way towards obtaining happiness.  After all without it one cannot afford the best doctors or the best things in life.  I would also argue that those that made lots of money usually leave the greatest (positive) mark on society.  This means money and “goodness” are also closely related.
Tikno Added Sep 14, 2017 - 11:40am
Hello Bill Caciene,

"..... but I don’t know anyone that uses it to determine who’s honorable or lowly."

Ohh... I forgot to put quotes on the word "honorable".
If you go to a Ferrari car showroom by riding a Rolls Royce, wear expensive suits, carry a bodyguard, then I'm sure a beautiful lady will very kindly serve you. You are looks "honorable" in her eyes. If you are poor, looking shabby, then I'm pretty sure that you will not be ogled at all.

"I’d argue money can prolong life and go a long way towards obtaining happiness.  After all without it one cannot afford the best doctors or the best things in life ..."

Steve Jobs has died. I do not know whether he did not want to live longer using his abundant money.

"... I would also argue that those that made lots of money usually leave the greatest (positive) mark on society.  This means money and "goodness" are also closely related."

It precisely depends on your willingness. Money just a dead object.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta has left the greatest positive mark on society.
Paul Discher Added Sep 15, 2017 - 7:21am
I think something is getting lost in translation. If you walk into a Ferrari showroom looking like you can afford a Ferrari, you'll be treated like a potential customer. If you walk into Ferrari showroom looking like you can't afford a Ferrari, you'll be treated worse. Honor has nothing to do with it.  Makes logical sense if you asked me.

With money we are able to improve our quality of life and the quality of life of our offspring. I wouldn't call it idol worship, but those are some pretty good reasons to desire / earn as much money as possible.  Besides, once you have it, you can decide what charities deserve it most.
Tikno Added Sep 16, 2017 - 9:16am
Hello Paul Discher,
"I wouldn't call it idol worship...."
Nice, you have become the Boss of your money.

Thank you. Your translation is closer to what is meant by "Mr. Money". Actually this article is a reminder written in satirical style to balancing the equilibrium of consciousness. This does not mean I am a saint.
Dino Manalis Added Sep 16, 2017 - 3:19pm
Money is to be spent and invested carefully and wisely, it shouldn't be wasted, because it's limited!
Pbier Added Oct 13, 2017 - 1:44pm
Money used to be gold, then paper backed by gold, then paper, now mere electronic bits. It is well worth studying Gresham's law aka how bad money drives out good.
Tikno Added Oct 15, 2017 - 5:32am
Pbier, unfortunately, Gresham's law does not apply to judging moral values. ;-)

Recent Articles by Writers Tikno follows.